Qualifications and Applicable Skills
- 2D animation and rigging using After Effects
- Motion Graphics using After Effects
- 20 years design and management experience as registered architect
- 3D animation and rigging using Maya
- UV Mapping using Maya
- 3D modeling (hard and soft scapes) using Maya, Autocad and Sketchup
- Game Design and Level Design using Unity 3D, UDK and Maya
- Associate Arts Degree, Bellevue College, Bellevue 2012 – 2014
- Master of Architecture, University of California, Berkeley 1988-1990
- Bachelor of Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 1980-1984
- ARTIST, "Resisters" Graphic Novel, Wing Luke Museum, Seattle, Washington February, 2017 to present
- This 18 month project, commissioned by The Wing Luke Museum, will be a graphic novel about resisters to the forced relocation of Japanese Americans during World War II. I am one of two artists on the project, working with two writers. In addition to the book itself, a school curriculum and animated version of one chapter will be produced.
- SENIOR ANIMATOR, Splainers.com, Issaquah, Washington June, 2014 to present
- Upon arriving at Splainers, I spearheaded an effort to raise the level of articulated animation, in tandem with the owner's desire to attract a larger, more predictable clientele by offering a wider array of animation styles. I introduced rigging as a standard tool to be used throughout the company. The primary method of animation previously was sliding mostly static figures across the screen.
- I am an active participant in planning and discussion relating to the future of our growing company, drawing on my experience at small and large architectural firms. These discussions include workforce organization, scheduling, client outreach and client relations.
- 2D animation using Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Script writing support and ideations as part of the collaborative creative team
- Storyboarding and style design for animations
- Character rigging for 2D and 2.5D characters
- Additional graphic design as requested by clients in support of campaigns built around our videos
- Member of the company sales force at trade shows.
- INTERN, RatTatBang, Seattle April - June, 2014
- Designed and modeled game level for role playing game
- Created level assets and environment, using Maya, Unity and Sketchup.
- DESIGN PRINCIPAL, McClellan Architects, Seattle 1998-2012
- Designed and managed single family home projects, ranging in budget between $700,000 and $5,000,000.
- Coordinated consultant teams, contractors and coworkers to provide a smooth process to realize the design vision developed with our clients.
- Developed streamlined CAD drafting systems and LISP methods for efficient production of construction documents.
- PROJECT ARCHITECT, GGLO Architects, Seattle 1995-1998
- Managed teams of 2-3 people in developing retail and interior spaces for commercial and governmental projects. Developed office wide system of digital rendering methods for project presentations.
- MEMBER, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Unexpected Productions, Seattle 2009-2012
- IMPROVISATIONAL ACTOR, Unexpected Productions, Seattle 2001-2009
- FUNDRAISER/DESIGNER, Otis Redding Memorial, Madison, WI 1988-1989
- VOLUNTEER ASSISTANT COACH AND UMPIRE, North Central Little League, Seattle 2010-present